Thursday, December 24, 2015

Sore and Weary but Thankful

I struggled with writing this post. I am not looking to garner sympathy or anything like that, but this is part of our story. I share, so you can pray...

On our way back from Dana Farber on Tuesday, KK and I were rear-ended just 5 miles from home. The vehicle 2 cars ahead of us stopped short. The guy in front of me and I were able to stop, but the guy behind me was not able to stop in time. KK hit her head on the headrest, so I wasn't sure if she was hurt or not as she cried. When the police officer asked if anyone was hurt, I said I wasn't sure if KK was hurt or not, but she insisted that she was okay. As we waited for the police officer to fill out the paperwork, KK grabbed my hand and started thanking God that we were okay. Half an hour later when we arrived home, KK threw her hands up in the air and said, "Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Jesus!" 

KK has since complained about her neck being stiff and sore. I brought her to the chiropractor (thank you, Dr. Dan) on Wednesday just to be sure she is okay.

I am tired. I am weary. I did not want to spend this week and next taking care of police reports, appraisals, rental cars, etc. 

But...

I am thankful. I am thankful that no one was seriously injured. I am thankful that my car is drivable until the body shop is able to work on it around the holidays.  I am thankful that the insurance should cover everything eventually (I understand that I will have to cover the deductible until Liberty Mutual is able to win the fight against the other insurance company).

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest." ~ Jesus

2 comments:

Terri said...

Thankful for God's protection of you both! Praying for His hand of mercy to bless you both and give you much needed rest and refreshment. Merry Christmas and much love from all of us!

Judy Bleau said...

Good knows what we can handle, right? You are strong. Praying that you will feel His strength in your weariness. Merry Christmas :-)