Wednesday, December 9, 2015

ECV Prayer Update

Thank you for praying for a motorized scooter for our trip to Disney

Oh how I love the physical therapists God has put in our lives. Our PT friends from church, Deb and Kelly, contacted everyone they knew to try to find a solution for us. On Monday, Jenn, KK's physical therapist at Whittier Rehab, suggested contacting REquipment to see if they might have a motorized scooter that we might be able to borrow.

After looking at REquipment's website, I noted that the Department of Developmental Services had a motorized scooter that had been "requested". I contacted DDS today just to see if it might be available next week. I spoke with Jim and he said that he has one that hasn't been cleaned or tested yet. He offered to work on it today to see if it is in working order and get back to me tomorrow. The one thing I don't know is if it is a portable scooter or not. If this works out, it would be an amazing blessing to have the scooter to use in the airports. Please pray that the scooter is in working condition and that it is portable so we can transport it in the rental car.

I do have a Plan B if this doesn't work out. I found a DME (Durable Medical Equipment) place in the Orlando area that will allow kids/teens to operate their equipment. And, of course, we always have Plan C: get a manual wheelchair...when I told KK that we may not be able to get a motorized scooter, she said, "I think it would be fun to push myself around in a wheelchair".

Thank you for continuing to pray for this situation. I am so grateful that we have a God that answers prayer!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Continuing to pray for a scooter and platelets!