Tuesday, December 8, 2015


KK's platelet count was low again today (50), so she was not able to go ahead with treatment. We will return to Dana Farber on Friday to try again.

It is early in the 28-day cycle, since we had to postpone treatment 3 days last month. We are hopeful (and we are praying) that her numbers will be up on Friday. If KK's platelet counts continue to drop between now and Friday, they may do a platelet transfusion. If they are up (100+) then she will have the Avastin infusion and we will have to decide whether or not we want KK to start the 5 days of Temozolomide on Friday or wait until after Disney. KK and I are leaning towards beginning on Friday if her numbers are up, which means she will take the chemo pills for 2 days while we are in Disney.


Heidi Peterson said...

We are praying for that platelet count again!

Judy Bleau said...

Praying for platelets!