Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Heart is Full

What a wonderful Mother's Day!

I spent a lot of time remembering how poorly KK was doing on Mother's Day last year. When she walked into church with her walker, some people were taken aback by how bad she looked. I recall how there was no filter, no patience, and no quiet voice. During the sermon at church, she just wanted to lay down and made it known. By the end of our lunch with my parents, she just wanted to get home and was pushy about getting the check. That night, she started vomiting again. It turned out that there was fluid building up in her left temporal horn and she would need another surgery just two days later.

Today, KK walked into church with pep in her step. When Pastor Derek said, "Happy Mother's Day", KK responded, "Aww! I forgot again!" She came over, gave me a hug, and said, "Happy Mother's Day!" I told her it definitely is a happy day for this mother. During first service, she decided to help in the toddler nursery. I checked in on her and saw her playing happily with the twins, Stephanie and Steven. During second service, she had a bit of a headache and laid down on the couch in the foyer. We left church as soon as second service was over and went home so she could take an Epsom salt bath to detox before we went to lunch with my parents. Thankfully, her headache went away and we were able to have a wonderful lunch with Nannie and Grampy.

To top it all off, we celebrated 13 months post-diagnosis today!

My heart is full!

3 comments:

Judy Bleau said...

Happy Mother's Day, indeed!!! 💜

Terri said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Heidi Peterson said...

Lots of blessings to you both!