Monday, May 16, 2016

I Should Know Better

Last week when I made the decision to begin IV Vitamin C at The Rothfeld Center in Waltham, I knew it was the right decision. Things moved pretty quickly. When I spoke with the new patient coordinator on Tuesday, I was surprised that they were able to schedule our appointment with the nurse practitioner for Thursday morning. Since KK only had one dose of Vitamin C that week, I wanted to make sure they would be able to administer the Vitamin C that week as well. Thankfully, they were able to schedule treatment for Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.

At that point, I felt comfortable calling The Sante Center to let them know we wouldn't be returning. When I told KK that we would no longer be going to The Sante Center, she sobbed...we're talking gut-wrenching sobbed. I immediately felt horrible. It didn't even dawn on me that she would be so upset, but I should know better. The girl has had way too many times in her life when she wasn't able to say goodbye to people. We agreed that we would go back to visit when Charlie is gone (and we have a little more time). Just another reason for her to get better. 

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hugs and prayers to both of you - hang in there, Momma, you're doing a great job as her advocate and making wise decisions in His strength!