Friday, May 27, 2016

Focus

During the course of the week, I started to notice KK holding her head cock-eyed (almost like she was trying to just use her left eye) and squinting her right eye when she looked to the right (something she did often when she was having double vision). I kept asking KK if her eye was okay.

On Wednesday, she confirmed that she was seeing double when she looked to the right. My mind instantly went to Monday when I believe KK experienced some apoptosis after her treatment. I had been wondering if she was trying to focus and re-adjust to seeing again. At the same time, the PTSD was whispering, "Double vision means tumor growth." I had to remind myself that she had been unable to see at all when she looked to the right unless she turned her head and looked straight on.

As we were driving to her colonic yesterday, KK said, "I don't see double!" Since then, her vision when she looks to the right has vacillated between seeing double and not...but seeing nonetheless. We are praising God for allowing us to see this progress!

We can't wait to see the results of the MRI in 12 days (not that I'm counting).

2 comments:

Heidi Peterson said...

Glad it improved! We continue to pray every day for you both.

Judy Bleau said...

Stay strong, girls!