Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Spent

I apologize for not posting sooner. I know a lot of you have been checking in to see the latest update on KK. I have just been physically and emotionally spent.

For those that are wondering, we are continuing IV Vitamin C treatments in NH.

It has been hard seeing KK struggle since the seizures. Yesterday, I emailed the following to her team at Dana Farber: her balance is off, her speech is slow, she is having trouble finding words at times, she has no use of her right arm, and she has been drooling. I cried as I wondered if the symptoms were progression of disease or effects from the seizure. 

I am nervous that KK will have another seizure and I won't hear her. I usually run the washer and dryer as well as the dishwasher after KK goes to bed, but I can't hear her from the living room when I do that. 

KK got out of bed on Saturday morning and headed to the bathroom. I bolted out of bed when I heard her and got to the bathroom just as she fell. She is so independent that it didn't even dawn on her that she needed help.

This morning, KK said, "I fear dying, I know everyone dies at some time, but I want to live." Then, in the very next breath, she verbalized her trust that, "God has a plan for my life."

Today, I was so grateful to see small improvements: she did great at tutoring with Ms. Jenna, her right arm is slightly better, and she is doing a few everyday tasks more independently. 

Thank you for praying and for caring. I seem to be on the verge of tears every third or fourth moment instead of every moment this evening.

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
~ Isaiah 40:31 ~

4 comments:

Judy Bleau said...

Tanya, thank you for the update, but no apologies necessary!! I can't imagine how exhausted you must be. Prayers continue for you both <3

Terri said...

Most of us cannot fathom what your day to day is like. But thankful that our Heavenly Father understands and pours out His Grace.
"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Mindy said...

So hard! Glad you saw small improvements today. Continuing to pray for you both.

Heidi Peterson said...

We are praying, too, and will not stop.