Monday, January 11, 2016

Throwing Me for a Loop

After I woke KK up to get ready for church yesterday, she said she wasn't feeling well. I asked her if she wanted a Zofran and she said yes. I gave her half of a Zofran tablet and had her lay back down. Thankfully, she felt better after 15 minutes or so and we made it to church.

After lunch, I had her take a nap. When I tried to wake her up an hour and a half later to go to ReFuel, she said she would rather sleep some more.

This morning, I was awakened by KK saying, "I just threw up". She felt it in time to grab the bucket, but she didn't recognize the nauseous feeling in time to tell me before throwing up. After taking another half of Zofran and resting a bit, she felt well enough to eat some fruit for breakfast. She is sleeping now.

KK has been off Celebrex for 10 days while we wait for a prescription renewal (I didn't notice that there were no more refills until we had one dose left) and insurance approval. I know the Nurse Practitioner said that she didn't think Celebrex would reduce brain edema, but I still wonder if the nausea and vomiting is due to an increase in swelling since being off Celebrex. (Just for the record, I have also noticed that her eye tracking has been a little off over the last few days as well.)

She has worked hard at hydrating better this week. However, this has disrupted her sleep as she is getting up multiple times at night to go to the bathroom. It is also the week when her blood counts plummet, so I am not surprised that she is tired. I just don't like the nausea and vomiting. It's really throwing me for a loop.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Praying for peace, clarity, and improvement for KK <3

Heidi Peterson said...

Still praying with all our hearts