Sunday, January 3, 2016

Heaven

I wrote this for the January edition of Kids Connect, the Chapel Kids newsletter, and thought I'd re-post it here...

Frankly, I am so ready for a new year. As I look back at the past year, I am thankful that God redeems the most difficult moments and can use all things for His glory, but I am still ready to put 2015 behind me. 
This morning, I was overjoyed to hear that one of our first graders asked Jesus to be her Savior over Christmas vacation. As she shared this wonderful news with me, I told her I was so excited to be able to spend forever with her in heaven. 
After this conversation, it hit me: it is not a new year that I am ready for, it is heaven. I am ready for a place with no more sickness and no more tears. I am reminded of Paul’s words in Philippians:
“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
Until that day, it is my desire to glorify Christ and to be found faithful.

No comments: