Monday, October 12, 2015

LEAD Useful Lives

Spiritual Emphasis Week at Holden Christian Academy is a favorite for both KK and I. The team from Coastlands Consultants does a tremendous job bringing God's Word to the kids (and adults that attend chapel) each day.

This year's Spiritual Emphasis Week happened two weeks ago. Thankfully, our schedule allowed us to attend on Monday and Tuesday. The message that Mr. Huffman brought to the middle schoolers was to L.E.A.D. Useful Lives. He emphasized that God has put us on this earth at this time for a reason. The verse he began with was Psalm 39:4:

Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

Unfortunately, we had to leave a little early on Monday due to Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy appointments at 10am in Westborough (a 35-minute drive from the school). Mr. Huffman emailed me that night concerned that he may have upset KK with the topic. I didn't think she was upset and KK confirmed this when I talked to her the next morning. She understands better than most 13 year olds that God is the only one that knows the number of our days. It was important for her to be reminded to not live a self-centered life and to live her life with and on purpose.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Amen! It's all about Him using every sovereignly ordained day that He asks and equips us to walk, to point others to Him. Without Him and His grace, strength and love, we are nothing.