Monday, October 12, 2015

Catching a Cold and Catching Up

I am a bit behind in updating the blog due to a terrible cold that wiped me out last week. I'm on the mend, but I think KK may have caught it. We will both be wearing masks at clinic tomorrow so we don't share this with anyone else with a compromised immune system.

Speaking of compromised immune systems, the nurse practitioner told us that we should have flu shots when we were at the last clinic day. KK's eyes widened when she heard that and I knew she didn't want a shot as she looked at me pleadingly. I told her we would talk about it, but I have yet to convince her otherwise. I have to keep in mind that this is the kid that would rather throw up than take steroids, so I'm not surprised that she would rather get the flu than have a flu shot.

This week should begin our (really, KK's) third round of Temozolomide (chemo pill). I say should because it will depend on her blood counts. KK is more anxious about the needle for the blood draw and Avastin infusion than starting another round of Temozolomide. By the way, I have reset my alarms for the new Zofran schedule and I have the DigestZen oil in a prominent place so we can ward off any vomiting this time.

The next MRI is scheduled for Wednesday, October 28. I believe God is working as I look at KK's outward appearance and see her stamina improve; I am looking forward to seeing the healing from the inside!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Lol! I can picture her face so clearly, eyes wide and begging to not have to endure another shot!