Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Improving

KK and I were ready very early this morning.  Instead of sitting around staring at each other and twiddling our thumbs, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast then to Dr. Brooke for an adjustment. It was still early, but we headed to Boston anyway.

Since we had time to spare, KK and I decided to go to Brigham and Women's first to visit our friends in radiation. We haven't been there since June, so it was fun seeing their reactions to how well KK is doing!

We then checked in to MRI at Children's just before noon...still 45 minutes early. The 12:15 patient didn't show up, so they were able to take KK in early. KK did a great job as usual.

Afterwards, we went over to Dana Farber and checked in at the Jimmy Fund Clinic. The labs weren't back yet from the blood draw, so I knew we had to wait a bit. One of KK's nurses, Jill, brought a copy of the labs to me in the waiting room when they were ready. KK's white blood cell, platelet, and ANC counts were all up so I knew we would be able to move forward with treatment today.

Just after 3pm, the infusion nurse brought us to an infusion pod. I was confused because I thought we were going to meet with KK's team before the infusion. She started the Avastin infusion, then Dr. Manley met us there in the pod. He said that the scans looked good: the midline shift is better, swelling is down, and the remaining tumor is shrinking! He then quickly examined KK. I asked for a copy of the MRI images. Dr. Manley said he could mail a copy to me or I could go back to Children's to get a copy today. Of course, I chose the latter.

Once the infusion was done, we went back to Children's to get a disc with the images from today and July 29 for comparison. I will be visiting KK's pediatrician tomorrow so she can help me understand what I am seeing.

Thank you for praying. We are so grateful that God chose to answer prayer in such an amazing way!!!

1 comment:

Judy Bleau said...

This is such encouraging news!