Thursday, February 2, 2017

Alternative Peace

The Nurse Practitioner at The Rothfeld Center was able to see me today rather than waiting until tomorrow. We had a chance to go over the results of the MRI, to talk to her about my thoughts of adding another alternative treatment, and to discuss next steps. When I mentioned the new treatment, she knew exactly what I was talking about. She also told me that there is a blood test that they can do that will screen for what alternative treatments KK would be most sensitive to...including the one that KK is starting tomorrow. I immediately felt a wave of peace come over me as I realized that we don't have to grasp at straws trying to figure out which treatment option(s) will work best.

Here are a couple more things that brought me peace:

  • The blood test has a 2-3 week turn around...as it so happens, I ordered 3 weeks worth of the new treatment. 
  • The test is pretty costly and not covered by insurance, but God provided most of that money before I knew we would need it when I received a check from Dana Farber for a full month's rent on Tuesday. 

5 comments:

Vickie Hampton said...

Prayers and love for you and KK.
Vickie

Terri said...

Our God is the Great Provider and gives wisdom when we ask! Continuing to pray!

Judy Bleau said...

I love that He is showing you His provision and you are feeling guidance 💜

Heidi Peterson said...

Continuing to pray for wisdom and guidance for you, and God's continued provision

Mindy said...

Yea for alternative treatment screening test! I love seeing how God is leading you and providing for your needs. Continuing to pray for you both.