Friday, July 17, 2015

Backyard Clubs #prayforKK

I just finished the second week of Backyard Clubs today. 

Our theme on Fridays is "God's love is REAL". We tell the story of how God answered the prayers of the believers by sending an angel to rescue Peter from prison (Acts 12:1-18). As part of the craft, we ask the kids to think about people they know or problems they face for which they would like to pray. We give the kids a chance to share their prayer requests before they write them down and make prayer chains to pray for their friends. 

Last week, I thought it was so sweet that a couple of the kids included KK in their prayer requests. Today, the first kid I called on to share a prayer request wanted to pray for KK to get better. I was overwhelmed when most of the kids put their hands down and said, "I was going to say the same thing." (I may be a little biased, but I believe Chapel Kids are the best!!!)

God's love is REAL and He REALly does answer prayer!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Wow.... What an impact you both are having in so many lives as you walk this road. Love you!

Matt Bullock said...

That is so sweet. <3