Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pray for this child

Please pray with me for this child...

Dear Lord,

At this time, I do not know who this child is, but I know You do. I praise You because this child is fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I don't know when I will meet this child, but I know that all the days ordained for this child were written in Your book before one of them came to be. Prepare this child's heart for the day when we will meet.

I don't know where this child is right now, but You saw this child in the womb. This child's frame was not hidden from You when made in the secret place.

I have no idea what this child has lived through or why this child is in the care of DSS. However, I trust that Your plans for this child are plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give hope and a future. Hem this child in - behind and before - with Your love and protection. Keep this child safe.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

from Psalm 139 and Jeremiah 29

No comments: