Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Overwhelmed with gratitude

I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, encouragement and support that I have received since I shared how God is leading me on this adoption journey.

During the MAPP training last night, I was able to share several stories of how encouraging and supportive everyone has been. After the meeting, one of the guys told me he was relieved to hear that people from my church supported me in this journey. He was worried that a single woman adopting a child would be frowned upon in the church and that I might even lose my job because of it. He explained that in his previous church, they never would have supported such a thing. I have to admit that I was shocked by that statement. I am so thankful that "my church" is not like that!

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27a)

No comments: