Monday, June 9, 2008

"One slightly negative thing"

My social worker came last Wednesday for the second home visit. Praise God, I felt much more comfortable this time around.

During our time together, she explained that there is only one slightly negative thing that could make this process longer -- the fact that I'm single. This was not news to me...the first social worker that came to do the physical standards visit said this could take two or more years because I'm single. However, my social worker said that this negative was not a reflection on me, but on the bias of some social workers that want a "traditional" family for the children in their care. She reassured me that she did not think that the waiting part of this journey would take two years.

Anyway, I gathered from our conversation that I will not be "screened out" at the end of the training!

No comments: