Monday, October 29, 2018

A Daunting Task

I can hardly believe that it has been 10 months since I have posted anything here.  I have taken to Instagram here and there throughout the year, but I have not been able to muster up the energy to write the blog posts I "need" to write.  I know I need to process KK's final weeks in order to "keep moving forward".  I process best by writing, but the emotional wherewithal it would take to do so seemed too daunting. I have found simply writing a short caption under a photo on Instagram to be emotionally draining.

I have continued to go to counseling with Dr. Chuck, but our time together is mainly spent on how to deal with what is in front of me.  I shared with him that I needed to find time to blog when I didn't have to worry about having the energy for everything else in life.  He suggested that I check out a place called Forest Haven in New Hampshire.  Forest Haven is a small retreat for those in ministry to go to free of charge.  I contacted them to see if they had availability for the last week in October... and they did!  So I drove up to Bradford, NH this afternoon and am ready to face the daunting task before me.

Stay tuned...

No comments: