Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Radiation Therapy Begins

KK began Radiation Therapy today.  We wheeled her over to Brigham and Women's Hospital for 9am.  KK was very emotional. She didn't understand why she was crying, but I knew it was because it was new and she wasn't sure what was going to happen. I stayed with her while she got on the table and they secured the mask to the table so her head wouldn't move. Then they brought me back to the room where the techs do their job and I can talk to KK through an intercom. Because she was still a little upset, I sang "Jesus Loves Me" over the intercom (usually I just sing in her ear).

They ended up having technical difficulties, so we had to come back later in the day. The second time, KK did not cry at all. In fact, she was so relaxed that she almost fell asleep on the gurney as we waited for her turn.  

Radiation will continue daily (Monday thru Friday) until June 19 (this could be extended if we miss any days).

No comments: