Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Oh, The Places You'll Go

On Monday of last week, I let my boss know that I would be taking Thursday, January 24 as my day off since the MLK Jr. holiday landed on my normal day off. I didn't have anything special planned for the day except to rest (something I've been learning to plan into my schedule). Little did I know what was to come.

The next day, I received an email from a friend that listened to the Hey Girl! episode (where I shared my journey) on Monday morning. When he was driving home that night, he had a "crazy idea" to ask me if I would be willing to share my story with students at a Christian school in New York City that are struggling with the sudden loss of a beloved teacher/coach. He wondered if I would be available "next week" on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

As soon as I received the email, I knew that God had orchestrated the details so that this "crazy idea" would coincide with my extra day off. So tomorrow I head into NYC to listen, to mourn with those who mourn, and to share how I grieve with Hope.

When I went to counseling yesterday, I told Dr. Chuck about all that had transpired since the last time we met before Christmas...about how I shared my story on Bethany's podcast as well as the opportunity to go to NYC. I marveled at how God redeems everything if we allow Him to. He asked, "What else are you open to doing?"  I answered, "Whatever God has planned."

1 comment:

Judy Bleau said...

Wow! Blessings today ...