Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New Accomodations

KK has not slept in her bedroom since she had the seizures last February and maybe a handful of times since her diagnosis in April 2015. Over the past 21 months, I have asked her a few times if she was ready to sleep in her loft bed again. Her answers have ranged from "I feel like I'm going to hit my head on the ceiling" to "I'm not comfortable climbing the ladder." Fair enough -- she is taller and the right-sided weakness, though better, is still there. I began periodically looking at craigslist to see if anyone was selling a low loft bed with stairs at a reasonable price. I found one this week and showed it to KK. She was so excited that it was low enough that EMTs would be able to reach her if she had seizures again. I guess I didn't realize how the fear of having more seizures impacts how she thinks about everything.
I found "K + Jesus" engraved on the desk of her old loft bed as I disassembled it.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Love this!

Judy Bleau said...

That is an awesome find x 2!

Heidi Peterson said...

Love what you found on the old bed -- KK and Jesus indeed, wherever she sleeps! Sweet dreams in the new bed, KK!