Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cancer Can't Change That

As KK and I were praying on Friday night, I prayed, "God, you know the number of KK's days and cancer can't change that."

This afternoon, KK and I were talking about the number of her days. The conversation started when KK said she wanted to "make it" to her birthday. I knew this desire was based on the fact that she has been waiting for a long time to be 13 so she can read a certain book and watch a certain movie, so I told her I would like to have more days than that with her.  Then she started talking about living a few years and "maybe even" turning 20 years old. I asked, "How about living for 30 more years?" She immediately jumped on that and said, "You said years, not days. I want to be old, maybe 50 or 60." I said, "50 isn't that old.  I'm pretty close to that now." So she said, "How about 120?" I said, "That works for me!" She said, "Yeah, by that time, you'll be dead, too."

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
~ Psalm 139:13-16

Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.
~ Job 14:5

5 comments:

Judy Bleau said...

Tanya, thank you for sharing these precious words. May we all recognize God's blessings all of our days!

Susan said...

Love this from sweet KK. Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Peterson said...

Right you are! God, not cancer, is in charge.

Terri said...

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Miss you & grateful for sharing this journey with us! Love you!!!