Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Stable

Today's MRI showed small changes (enhancements) to the tumor, though KK's team still consider it to be stable. Clinically speaking, they all think KK looks great.

MRI images from April 20, 2016 
Dr. Manley told us about 2 new clinical trials that were opening up for which KK might qualify. KK would need to be off the IV Vitamin C for 4 weeks in order to participate in either of these trials. Unfortunately, they are both in the safety phase of the clinical trial and not necessarily the efficacy phase. He didn't "push" for KK to go off IV Vitamin C or for her to be in either of these trials. I told them I would like to give the IV Vitamin C at least one more 6-8 week cycle and they agreed.

I am not surprised that there were some enhancements to the tumor area today. I expected some swelling in the cancer cells due to some changes we made to KK's protocol last week.

After the seizures in February, The Sante Center started using IV Glutathione to help protect KK's brain. While Glutathione helps protect healthy cells, it essentially slowed down the effects of the IV Vitamin C. IV Vitamin C creates a pro-oxidant environment in cancer cells creating hydrogen peroxide; Glutothione is an antioxidant removing free radicals, heavy metals and peroxides.

Relaxed and ready for the MRI
Last week, I sat down with The Sante Center and went over the timeline and patterns I have observed in KK -- noting what I believe worked and what didn't since we began the IV Vitamin C treatments. After being seizure-free for 7 weeks and headache-free for most of that time, I felt KK was ready for the Vitamin C without Glutathione. We adjusted her protocol last Monday and the IV Vitamin C essentially began working at full force again. (Of course, I second-guessed myself on the timing of these changes considering the MRI was this week.) KK has had a few days of "pressure" in her head which tells me that the IV Vitamin C is working more effectively...I just have to be diligent about making sure there is not too much pressure and swelling. It is a fine balance for sure.

The next MRI will be on June 8.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Rejoicing with you that KK is stable - and praising God as He continues to guide you through each step and decision.

http://resolutionbodyworks.blogspot.com/ said...

Tanya You will have an honorary medical degree and write books about these decisions when she is completely healed. I believe your wisdom is coming straight from God and as long as you trust it, Jesus will show you good favor. Prayers lifted!